So Does The Jacket Button?

Back in February, I asked a very important question:

“Will I ever be able to button this jacket?”

4 months ago jacket

The jacket, a saucy little Theory blazer purchased optimistically in my pre-baby size, was to be my proxy for the wedding gown–which was still being made–as I attempted to drop a few inches and lb’s.

I committed to showing you an “after” picture wearing the jacket, which I figured would help motivate me.  Plus, I couldn’t very well show you my dress before the wedding.  It’s bad luck!

So, for the past four months I’ve been working it: Weight Watchers, the trainer, walking dates with a long-legged friend, and a lot of hot tea and chewing gum.

And now, as promised, here I am 4 months later (and 1 month before my wedding), wearing the jacket…

jacket after suck it

Hardest thing about losing the weight: Children’s birthday parties.

Coolest thing about losing it: New clothes!  As in, the old ones in my closet.  Some of them actually fit again!

Funniest thing about losing it: Watching Dave try to express his admiration without sounding like a jerk (“You look better–I mean good–you look good!”)

Now I just have to stay strong until the wedding cake, which I will dive into face first.

Thanks for keeping me honest, blogosphere.  You’re better than Atkins.

XOXO Hungry Bride

This entry was posted in My Family, Vanity, Wedding Plans and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

13 Comments

1. Posted June 25, 2014 at 7:40 am | Permalink

Congratulations – there is NOTHING better than getting new (old) clothes. Awesome! I am very happy for you – enjoy inhaling the cake!!!

• Posted June 25, 2014 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Totally, plus I’ve finally been able to purge all the stuff from 4 years ago that technically fits but has gone out of style (I didn’t feel like I could judge it until I could put it over my head). Good Will Industries loves me now!

2. Posted June 25, 2014 at 8:34 am | Permalink

You look amazing!!!! I need to get on your program! Can’t wait to see wedding pics. :)

• Posted June 25, 2014 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Thanks Hannah. It will be fun to post the wedding pics. I can’t believe it’s almost here.

3. Posted June 25, 2014 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Wow,go you! That’s incredible and what a transformation. Always love to hear a healthy weight loss story :)

• Posted June 25, 2014 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Thanks Charlotte! I guess that’s an advantage to losing it SLOWLY…def not a crash diet!

4. Fen
    Posted June 25, 2014 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Congrats Aim! You look fantastic — and so does this blazer! I can’t wait to see (the svelter) you next month.

• Posted June 25, 2014 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Meanwhile I’m stitting in front of my blog with my hand in a box of cereal…this not eating thing never really becomes a “habit” with me.

5. Posted June 25, 2014 at 11:56 am | Permalink

you look amazing. incidentally, i’m convinced someone is going into my closet to exchange my jackets for a smaller size just to make me feel like crap. maybe i should get married again. it seems to look amazing on you!

xo
    Meredith recently posted..Surviving Summer Break-The First Five Days In ReviewMy Profile

• Posted June 25, 2014 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Thank you. You should totally renew your vows, Heidi & Seal style, without the divorce.

6. Posted June 30, 2014 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Congrats Any, you look amazing in the jacket !

7. Posted July 2, 2014 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

Awesome! Congrats to you! I hope you celebrated with a cupcake, you deserve it. :)
    Elle recently posted..20 DIY ways to pamper your skin.My Profile

• Posted July 2, 2014 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

LOL yes an invisible cupcake.